Brief thought: You will never find the same range on two EVs even they are the same model. There are just too many factors in the equation.
Personal data: Took the car (SR Model Y) on 01/24/21 and it’s about a month now. Pretty much I drive it everyday to work from M to F and some short trips around the town during weekend. A few things to consider if you want to compare:
- Climate and road condition is based in Houston, TX. I think in the past month it’s about 50-70 degree while I was driving.
- Overall the traffice is light due to pandemic.
- Normal use on climate. I use heated steering wheel and heated seat when it’s around 50 degree mainly when it’s around 50 to 55. Between 60 to 70, I use AC to blow some air inside the car but not really need it.
- 19 inch wheel with original all season tire. PSI was a bit high in the first week but later down to 43-44.
- I didn’t drive on from Feb 16th to 17th due to the winter storm. Btw, it helped during that time when there was no power. Glad to have this car in my garage. Stayed a couple of hours in the car to stay warm and watching netflix. It’s about 1% battery per hour with A/C and screen on.
Simply put, the car is very efficient in my opinion. I got free electricty at night from 8pm to 6am. I switched to the current electricity plan on 01/20/21. First month bill is about $0.06 per kw.
Pics below are taken from tonight right before the post. Tonigh’s trip I got home is the best effciency I have ever seen yet on this car. Temp is 73 degree. I am excited to see what the effciency is gonna be when it’s getting warmer and hot. Feel free to ask me any questions about the car.
Have a great weekend y’all! Cheers.